Thursday, September 2, 2010

Sometimes a Step Back

Why can't we just find our Purpose?  Why is this so difficult? Why would God keep this a secret from me?  Why would God, indeed?

God is NEVER the cause of not finding your Life's Work. It is GOD who created you for this very work!!  Why then would he oppose it?

But there is opposition. Picture a world in which we all knew and lived our Life's Work? It would be a world where people would be their most productive.  It would be a world where the Kingdom of God, that is, his highest and best Will, would drive everyone's life. This outcome does not sit well with those whose purpose is to steal kill and destroy.  John 10:10.
Sometimes the "opposer" aka "The Accuser of the Brethren" has done such a great job of stealing killing and destroying through some people, (perhaps parents, relatives, teachers, bosses) and events, (natural disasters, wealth, poverty, scarcity, disease), that other work needs to be done, than just answering the two questions. Most people experience some of these in their formative years when getting "right" formation is the key- if the "intervention" happens at the right time, it can really screw up or detour a person's Life's Work. So sometimes when we work with people, going through the tool isn't enough.

But MOST of the time the revelation, the eureka moment (I found it!) in discovering what your Life's Work is, is enough, and people who internalize it begin a journey of effectiveness and impact they had never known before.

If you find that you fall under the former category- and you will find this by going through the tool, thinking you've found your purpose, and perhaps realizing you don't have the "joy" that comes with the discovery and application of it-  realize that you have been harmed.  But YOU are NOT lost. Here are some helps-
  • Pray-  I mean pray and pray and pray that God will heal and break through and overcome. Ask for clarity about the two questions and revisit them.
  •  Have others pray-  seek out people you know and trust and who have the Spiritual Gift of Wisdom or Knowledge (the Spiritual Gifts are found in 1 Cor 12 and 14)  and NOT "Mediums" as these are counterfeits. Then revisit the tool.
  • If you want - send me the completed tool.  and I will set up a Life Counsel Session with myself of a member of our staff.  *
Your Life's Work is the most important thing you can find in your life.  My hope is that you find and LIVE yours.
In HIS Name.
Jeff Pelletier

*Intial consultation of $100 for up to 2 total hours (may be more than one call)  with  2 e-mail follow-ups. Addition time at $50 per session for up to one hour per session

1 comment:

Barbara Pelletier said...

I have gone through the process of finding my life's work. It was not a simple process for me. It took effort, patience and trial and error to discover what has always been a part of me. But,it was all worth it.

Being mostly a stay at home, homeschooling mom, I thought my purpose was over once our children all graduated from high school. I slipped into believing I had nothing more significant to offer.
I was totally wrong. Raising and educating our children was just an opportunity I had to apply my life's work. My life's work goes with me wherever I go, at any stage of life. It is something I can continually offer in different situations, over and over again.
I feel liberated and empowered to do all the works God gives my hands to do. I have focus, vision and understand myself much better.

I strongly encourage everyone to figure out their life's work. You will be so glad you did.